Why You Should Use A Realtor When Building New
I think a topic that many people are unfamiliar with when it comes to real estate is “New Home Building” and how an agent is beneficial. I have had many conversations over the past few months with friends, family and clients and most seem to know very little of how the process works when building new.
Did you know that you CAN work with an agent when looking at building new?
After my conversations and researching on the internet, the common response I am finding is that “I can save money if I do not use an agent.” This, in my mind, is not true and below I will explain how I, as an agent, can actually work to your benefit.
- I, as your agent, know which builders fit what you are looking for.
- I, as your agent, know which builders offer certain construction specs.
- I, as your agent, can help you find the builders who offer the best floor plans for you and your lifestyle or suggest a builder who will build you a custom home.
- A salesperson sitting inside a “Show Home” works for the builder. They are there to protect the builders best needs and not work on behalf of the potential buyer.
- I, as your agent, will work on your behalf to make sure that you get the lowest price possible by negotiating to the best of my ability.
- An agent’s commission typically does not come off the price of a new home or condo, instead it comes out of the builder’s marketing budget.
Many times the documents that you are expected to read, understand and sign to start your build are unfamiliar to the average person. I have been trained and familiarized with these documents to make sure your process run as smoothly as possible.
The only catch is that you have to take your Realtor with you on your first visit to the builder or show home to register them, this will establish them as your representative in the eyes of the builder.
When you are under the impression that I, as an agent, would cost you money when building a new home or condo... I would like you to re-think the ways I may actually be SAVING you money.
So, thinking about building a new home or condo? Do yourself a favor! Take me as your realtor!